Register to Vote
Who is Eligible to Register
You may register to vote if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a United States citizen.
- You are a resident of Missouri.
- You are at least 17.5 years of age and will be 18 by Election Day.
- You are not in prison, not on probation or parole, and have not been convicted of a voting-related felony or misdemeanor.
- You have not been declared incapacitated.
Register to Vote
Visit the Secretary of State website to fill out a voter registration application.
Complete a paper voter registration form by following the steps outlined below.
1. Obtain your form
You may obtain a voter registration form by contacting our office. You can also find voter registration applications at the following locations:
- The County Clerk’s office in the Laclede County Government Center
- The Lebanon-Laclede County Public Library
- The Department of Motor Vehicles at the Lebanon License Office
- First State Community Bank locations in Lebanon (including Wal-mart location) and Conway
- Download the Missouri Voter Registration form (PDF).
2. Complete and sign your voter registration form
3. Mail your voter registration form to:
Laclede County Clerk
Laclede County Government Center
200 N. Adams Street
Lebanon, MO 65536
Update your Voter Registration
You need to update your voter registration when:
- Your address has changed
- Your last name has changed
The process to update your voter registration is the same as the process to register to vote. Update online or complete a paper voter registration form and mail it to our office.
Deadline to Register
To vote, you must register by the Election Day deadline or by the fourth Wednesday prior to the election — whichever is later. To make sure you can vote, please register early!
Military and Overseas Voters
If you are a United States citizen living overseas or if you are in the Military, there are special provisions for you to register and receive a ballot.
For more information about voting overseas or in the Military please visit our page on Military and overseas voting.
Voter Registration Resources
For more information regarding registering to vote, please visit the Missouri Secretary of State’s Website.