What to Expect When You Vote
When you arrive at the voting location, you see election workers ready to assist you.
Learn more about accessible voting in Laclede County.
At the check-in table
- As of June 1, 2017 Photo ID is requested to vote. Click here to see proper identification.
- State your name and address.
- Sign the roster.
- The election worker will give you a ballot specific to your address. In primary elections, you must state your political party preference to receive a ballot specific to your party.
- To vote, proceed to a voting station for the sake of privacy. Please do not use cellphones or other communication technology while voting.
- To vote for a candidate, darken the oval to the left of the candidate’s name.
- To vote on any measure, darken the oval to the left of “Yes” or “No.”
- Check both the front and back of your ballot for voting contests.
To vote for a write-in candidate
- Write the person’s name in the blank space provided directly below the names of the other candidates for that office.
- Darken the oval to the left of the blank space.
Review & cast your ballot
- If you vote for more candidates than are allowed, or if you vote both Yes and No on a measure, your vote will not count for that contest.
- You do not have to vote on all contests. Those you do vote on will still count.
- If you make a mistake, ask for another ballot.
- After you have completed voting, insert your voted ballot into an election scanner to be counted.